takes you to L'Isle-aux-Grues from Montmagny. Every day, there are two to four return crossings lasting 25 minutes. They are scheduled according to the tides that vary each day. It is important to plan your return. Consult the schedule before going to the island.
L'Isle-aux-Grues is the ideal place to observe the migrating snow geese in spring and autumn.
Delivery Period at L'Isle-aux-Grues
(Blue filled in montly schedules)
- This lapse of time allows delivery of goods for residents. Priority is given to delivery trucks.
- Persons in charge of delivery trucks must reserve their place 24 hours in advance by calling 418 234-1735.
- Persons in charge with no reservation will loose their priority on the waiting period and the rule first come, first served will apply in the same way as any other passenger. Should the loading of delivery vehicles reach the ship's loading capacity (68 MT), no car, cyclists or pedestrians in the waiting line will board the ship.
Special Crossings for Dangerous Materials
(Orange filled in montly schedules)
These trips are especially planned for carrying dangerous materials. According to the norms of Transports Canada, a maximum of 25 persons on board (including the crew) will be strictly respected. Persons in charge of delivery trucks must reserve their place by calling 418 234-1735.Pedestrians and cyclists are strongly recommended to avoid these crossings.
In June, July and August, according to the legend at the bottom of the schedules, Air Montmagny allows you to have access to L'Isle-aux-Grues by plane. For more information on departures or for a chartered flight all year round, contact Air Montmagny at 418 248-3545.
The live load of the M.V. Grue-des-Îles
is 68 metric tons.
Note that the configuration of the ferry limits the access of some vehicles because of their weight or size.
- Campers/Motor homes: 30 feet
- Trailer hauled by a car: 20 feet
- Fifth wheel hauled by a small van: 24 feet
- Truck tractors and buses, 45 seats or more, are not accepted on board except for school buses.
|The following loads by axle have to be respected at all times:|
|Kind of axle||Number of wheels ||Weight in metric tons |
|Tandem ||4 ||11 |
|Tandem ||8 ||14 |
|Triple ||12 ||18 |
|Quadruple ||16 ||21 |