All year round, the Sorel-Tracy–Saint-Ignace-de-Loyola ferry invites you on board the MV Catherine-Legardeur
and the MV Lucien-L.
for a ten-minute crossing of the St-Lawrence River. Board the ferries and live a few moments of peace and quiet before continuing your journey. Glance at the region while discovering its harbor activities.
- Vending machines
- Bicycle racks
Fares and schedules are subject to change without notice.
Fares are tax-free.
Additional crossings may be added to the schedule. Consult section important notice and news
Transport of dangerous goods
Any vehicle with a fuel leak will be refused boarding. All fuel tanks must be approved and compliant with standards. Valves on propane or other fuel cylinders must be tightly closed forthe crossing.
Maximum permitted per motor vehicle:
- One 25 liter container of fuel
- Two 30 pound cylinders of propane gas
Maximum permitted per trailer:
- Two 25 liter containers of fuel per trailer towing at least one recreational motor vehicle (boat, motorcycle, snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle)
Maximum permitted per commercial vehicle:
- One 55 pound cylinder of propane gas
Recommendations for a pleasant and safe tripPassengers
Motorists & truck drivers
- Our ferries are designed to accommodate people with disabilities. Please advise our attendants as soon as you arrive at the crossing so that they may assign you a place that will enable you to enjoy our onboard services.
- Passengers traveling with pets must keep them on a leash or in a cage.
- Please keep the stairways clear during docking.
- On boarding, wait for the green light or attendant's instructions.
- Drive slowly when boarding the ferry.
- Always park in the space you are assigned.
- Do not move your vehicle once it is parked, and remember to engage the emergency brake.
- To improve onboard air quality and respect the environment, please turn off your engine. On landing, please start your engine at the very last minute.
- Leave no articles in plain sight, and lock your doors.
- Use caution when opening your doors and walking between vehicles.
- On landing, wait for directions before driving onto the ramp.
- Please keep your vehicle parked during docking.
- Please walk your bike on the boarding ramps.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING EVERYONE STAY SAFE. HAVE A NICE TRIP!
- Install front wheels on your snowmobile to make it easier to move on the ferry and prevent damage.